Tuesday, April 26, 2005

24/04/05 Shocking Golf

I had to get to Peebles by 9.30am. And on a Sunday morning as well.
The reason for this strange scheduling was my inclusion in a crack golf team representing Dalmeny Estate Golf Club, as they pitted themselves against Peebles Golf Club's finest.
I played with Mark, and immediately won his confidence by asking him what school he went to. It turns out he was 20 years old. whoops!
It would be fair to describe the quality of my performance as utter shite. We lost 3 and 1 and we were sent home to think again.
In fact Dalmeny lost all the matches, which was slightly disappointing.
The other noteworthy incident was myself being electrocuted as I attempted to vault a fence to retrieve my ball after yet another wayward drive. A singularly unpleasant experience.
I once had quite a bad electric shock at a party when I mistook a shaving socket for a light switch and inserted my finger into it. I was propelled 3 feet into the air and was shaky for a while afterwards. Not nice. Not nice at all.
After the match I watched the 2nd half of Rangers v Celtic. Celtic won 2-1 and look certs to win the league. I am a Rangers fan, so this is not a good thing.
However, such is my lack of faith in the current manager and his baffling tactical decisions, I had previously placed a substantial sum on Celtic to win the league as an "Insurance" policy. It takes the sting out of the defeat. Although, to fellow Rangers fans reading this drivel, I will now be categorised as a traitor of the lowest order, worthy of contempt. I'll get over it.

No comments: