Wednesday, April 06, 2005

02/04/05 Bonnie Dundee

This was not one of life's most productive days as I was feeling a little fragile after the previous night's "football awards" drinks.
In the evening I headed up to Dundee. I had a gig at "Drouthy Neebors", a new club run by the renowned comedic talents of messrs Keir McAllister & Paul Pirie.
I just did 5 minutes and got an ok reaction. There weren't too many people there but it got busier later on.
I found that doing my set to silence the previous day had interfered with the rhythm of my delivery, and I had a few verbal stumbles. I was going to do some new material, but I think the Airdrie experience left me desperately craving laughter, so I ended up going for the tried and tested stuff. Scaredy custard.
Andy White was headlining. I've done a few gigs with him and he always makes me laugh. He has the best "Rolf Harris/anal sex" material on the circuit.
One irritation of the venue was the noise overspill from an adjoining alcove of the pub. There was a meeting of the "Foghorn Leghorn Appreciation Society" going on.
But I wish Keir and Paul all the best in their venture.

No comments: