Sunday, April 17, 2005

16/04/05 There Aint No Sanity Clause

I had my fire blocked off today to stop the soot that is going to come rushing down the chimney when they start dismantling it next week.
There was no choice. It was either I got this done or find myself in a position to be able to carry off an authentic Al Jolson routine in my living room, singing about the "Swanee River".
This shouldn't be too much of a big deal as it is the end of April. Unfortunately,Scotland is still doing its very best Siberia impersonation. I'll have to follow Edwina Currie's advice when she was Energy Minister, and just wrap up a bit warmer to stave off possible hypothermia.
Hopefully the job will be finished by Xmas, otherwise Santa will encounter severe logistical difficulties in delivering my presents this year.
I've asked my neighbours to come in and check periodically that I am alright and am not tinged with blue, (apart from my nose, which has a permanently blueish tint on account of my football supporting proclivity).

No comments: