Thursday, April 21, 2005

20/04/05 Hitler Has Only Got One Film

Went to see "Downfall" yesterday. It's a dramatisation of the last few days of Hitler's Bunker leading up to his suicide.
Excellent film. It was actually quite eerie seeing a proper dramatic representation of Hitler.
I think the only other film where I've seen a character portayal of him is "The Producers". That probably wasn't too accurate.
The casting of the film was great. Particularly Goebbels. He WAS Goebbels. I can't imagine him playing any other part. He stole the show from Hitler, who was a little over the top in some of his tantrums. Although Hitler probably was a little over the top in some of his tantrums. I suspect he was that kind of guy.
He was very polite to his secretary though.
Does that excuse him from his excesses though? No, probably not.
Quite grim stuff though. My last two visits to the Cinema have been at the darker end of the entertainment scale. It's time for a laugh I think to restore the ying and yang balance.
I enjoyed watching Alex Ferguson and David Moyes have a go at each other from their "technical boxes" during the Everton vs Man Utd match.
Us Scots just do that verbal aggression thing with a little more gusto than our English neighbours, I think.

No comments: