Thursday, April 07, 2005

06/04/05 Cum On Feel The Noize

as Slade used to say in the old days....
So the repair job is underway. I now have to daily get up in the middle of night! (well 7.45am to be precise). I've made a couple of attempts at engaging the workers in a spot of idle banter, but haven't quite managed to "break the ice" with them.
I'm paranoid about coming across as some Alan Partridgesque tosser trying to bond with them.
My football form of late has not been "absolutely magnificent" as Alan Hansen wouldn't say if he was talking about my performance on "Match of the Day". It has been a grotesque caricature of how I used to play before my knees started falling apart.
However on Wednesday night I had my best game for ages and was running around, tackling, blocking shots and scoring goals like it was nobody's business. Suggestions were made that I should be drug tested. But hey, I'm clean, I'm clean...!
Can this rich seam of form continue? Well, obviously not, I'd say...it's probably just that last little burst of flame before a candle goes out, or on a slightly bigger scale of analogy, the solar explosion generated by the dying moments of the sun, just before we are plunged into darkness and die, and the sun turns into a black hole. That's how I'd best describe it I think.
I'm looking forward to the next game anyway...!

No comments: