Tuesday, April 26, 2005

22/04/05 Down The Pub

I had a couple of drinks with the samba gang in Nicol Edwards.
There was talk of showing some DVDs in the cinema there, but this idea was shelved in favour of the more traditional pursuit of drinking and talking bollocks.
Graham offered to write my Fringe show.
I don't think this would be a good idea as, in my experience, Graham's jokes tend to be hoary old clunkers, principally dating from the pre-Jurassic era. I actually think I've just about got enough material now for the timeslot, so I'll have to politely decline...! :-)
I then moved on the Black Bo's and caught up with Crazy, Ginger Gent and Dolphin Boy
(great pseudonyms huh?).
We discussed the upcoming Old Firm fixture, the General Election and Billy Connolly.
One of the dangers of knowing the bar staff is that "Time, Gentlemen Please!" doesn't have quite the same significance, and I found myself there at 3.45am still blethering. This is not big and decidedly not clever behaviour.

No comments: