Thursday, April 14, 2005

13/04/05 Gotta Sing, Gotta Dance

I've got a load of workers at my flat all the time now. I hate going out and in of my flat and having to engage in "awkward greeting" rituals. It's difficult to get a bit of banter up and running.
I just tend to say "Hello", and they say "Right,mate" and look down at the ground until I walk past.
I should maybe step out of my front door and immediately burst into song to see how they react. Anything which could remove these awkward pauses would certainly be worthwhile.
Perhaps they might feel like joining in, and Coates Gardens would reverberate to the strains of "Oh What A Beautiful Morning" from Rodger & Hammersteins acclaimed musical production "Oklahoma!".
That would be a beautiful thing.
Children would smile, birds would sing and God would nod appreciatively in the knowledge that his light was shining brightly on the gentle residents of Coates Gardens.
This is definitely the most difficult Blog I've had to write. Can I keep up doing one a day? There are definite signs of tiring! I feel that I may have to rob a bank or perhaps set fire to a large public building today. This would ensure a riveting Blog tomorrow that will have my spiralling readership on the edge of their swivel chairs.

No comments: