Wednesday, April 06, 2005

03/04/05 Bonnie Manchester

I headed down to Manchester. I was due to be doing the Gong Show at The Comedy Store but didn't manage to get there in time unfortunately.
I ended up going out for a meal in Chorlton and having a few drinks instead.
There was an incredibly pissed bloke in the pub who tried to talk to us. None of us had a clue what he was trying to say. And yes, he WAS Scottish.
It's definitely one of our most successful exports.
"Hello, can I interest you in a resident drunken rambling Scotsman for your bar?"
"We're currently offering a free 6 month promotional trial period!"
Maybe bar managers think it gives their pub an air of authenticity to have a drunken jock on the premises?
Perhaps he wasn't drunk at all and was was just performing?
I could do that! hmmmmm.....

No comments: