Sunday, May 29, 2005

27/05/05 Go West

Spent the day through in Glasgow, as Tony and I had arranged to meet Patrick (the 3rd Party in the upcoming, Fringe hit show, "Park's Circus") for the first time.
I hadn't been on a train for a while and I was immediately reminded how annoying train journeys have become with the advent of mobile phones and the inevitable presence of amn't-I-important-because-my-phone-never-stops-ringing-Foghorn-Leghorn-impersonating-captains-of-industry doing my head in for the whole journey. Dreadful. I long for the old days when your shoes used to magically turn into comfortable slippers, and it was all dead relaxing with a breathy jazz singer crooning away in the background, like the TV advert. They couldn't use that advert now. They'd get sued for criminal misrepresentation.
I was a bit early so ended up going into the Grosvenor Hotel at Hillhead for a quick drink.
I was sitting at a table when a woman came up behind me saying "Sorry, I'm late...traffic was terrible...What's that you're drinking?".
(it was white wine....£5.40 for a glass..I realised this too late!)
She then sat down, eventually looking up and realising I wasn't who she thought I was. I became curious as to who she was actually meeting. I recognised him as an actor. I'd seen him in a play "Gagarin Way" at the Festival a few years ago. He's been on TV quite a lot as well, but I couldn't remember his name.
Anyway, he looked absolutely nothing like me! I must have just been sitting in his regular seat or something. Gripping stuff...!
We had a good meeting with Patrick, and we seem to have a good joint vision of what the show will be all about. It's going to be fairly pressurised getting everything sorted out though, as Patrick is based in London and will only be able to come up to Edinburgh occasionally between now and the Fringe. I feel a good vibe about things though. (famous last words)

No comments: