Thursday, May 05, 2005

04/05/05 May The Fourth Be With You!

Ha Ha...I couldn't resist that crap old joke...!

"In the end, I will remember not the words of my enemies, but the silence of my friends", Martin Luther King

This quote has no particular relevance to any recent event that has befallen myself. I just like it. Very thought provoking. Well, it certainly provoked my thought in a fairly provocative kind of way.

Linking to an unrelated non-sequitur, I remember an anecdote from the film made about Jerry Seinfeld, "Comedian", where he's talking to a young up-and-coming comic, who worries about the career progression his non-comedy peers have accomplished, and wonders whether he has made the right vocational choice?
Apparently, once upon a time, The Glen Miller Orchestra were making their way to a concert via a plane. They couldn't get to the airport due to snow, and were forced to land in a field, and literally march their way to the hall a few miles away.
Along the way, they came across a little cottage, and peeked in the windows to see a nice family happily sitting down to a huge meal in front of a roaring log fire.
This was in stark contrast to them in their muddied uniforms they wore as they continued their frozen march.
One band member looked at another and asked, "How can they live like that?"

Anyway, I live in constant fear of not being misunderstood...so there.

I got offered a gig this Saturday in Airdrie (7/5). Hopefully this will be better than the disastrous show I appeared in at The Call Centre in Airdrie.
A review will follow.

No comments: