Sunday, May 08, 2005

06/05/05 "We Win"

ok, so Labour win an unprecedented 3rd Term. It's all very low key though. It's as if people secretly crave another repressive right-wing Tory Government, so that we can all have another big party when we get rid of them. Just like we did in 1997.
There's such bollocks talked about Tony Blair being a "lame duck" PM because he only has a majority of 66.
Labour in the 70s and 80s would have been delirious to be in that position.
Well anyway, I quaffed a few glasses of wine to celebrate.
I crashed out fairly early as the exit polls seemed to be uncannily accurate.
There's really only about 1 second of tension in the whole night. That being the time between the first Big Ben bong at ten o'clock, and a lesser spotted Dimbleby announcing the exit poll findings.
I was sorry I'd missed George Galloway. That seemed the only moment of genuine drama.
He's full of shit but I respect his indefatigability, that's for sure.
PM Question Time will be more interesting in the upcoming session.
I spent the day trying to write material for the comedy night I'm promoting and compering next week in South Queensferry.
I'm not going to do my usual material, but intend to banter on all things local.
I think that's a safer option as my weird stuff will probably bomb.
I've no idea what ages/background the audience will be (assuming there is one), so best just to do the cheeky chappy piss taker persona.
I've booked a samba band to play outside the venue before the doors open, and also do a 10 minute spot during the show.
It'll be good to mix things up a little.
I might play my congas with the samba band. Or will that me look somewhat wanky and a pathetic show-off? hmmm...

No comments: