Thursday, May 26, 2005

25/05/05 A Turnip For The Books

Well what a match last night. It reaffirmed to myself why I love football more than any other sport. Pure drama. At half-time it looked like Liverpool were going to get well and truly stuffed in Turkey. 3-0 behind at half-time to AC Milan. Italian teams are noted for their strong defensive qualities.
It was all over. Obviously.
I considered going out rather than watching the second half. But Liverpool score 3 and win the penalty shoot-out. Unbelievable.
I met Tom Hamilton for a quick pint at the Caledonian Alehouse. I had just missed him being soaked by a bottle of champagne which someone had covered him with "Grand Prix" style (appropriate because he is a big Formula 1 fan. I find the whole sport baffling) when Liverpool had been confirmed as Champions.
The whole pub was going completely mental. Everyone sang "You'll Never Walk Alone" (badly).
So that's the end of the football season. No more inane football banter from me. Promise.
Hey look...I made it on the home page of "The Stand" web page. And my name is right!
http://www.thestand.co.uk

No comments: