Friday, May 13, 2005

11/05/05 Turned Out Nice Hasn't it?

I'm still having problems bonding with the builders working on my flat. When I leave the flat and give them a breezy "Hi There!", I am met with an expression commensurate with just having told them that their granny has drowned in a freak yachting accident. I should maybe wear my Rangers top next time, as an obvious symbol of football allegiance generally provokes comment from your average Scottish male.
This could be a risky strategy though. If they are Celtic fans they might substitute strawberry blancmange for cement in the main foundations of my flat.
I had a game of tennis in the afternoon and played like a granny who had just been drowned in a freak yachting accident.
Somewhat inadvisedly, I had a pint of Kronenberg after the game and immediately went to play 5-a-side football.
Stephen Hawkings would have been a more valuable player to have on your side. It was possibly my worst performance ever participating in the beautiful game. A day of sporting ignominy of the lowest order.

No comments: