Thursday, July 28, 2005

26/07/05 You're Once...Twice...Five Pints An IPA

The title of this blog entry is supposed to meter like Lionel Ritchie and his Lady 1-2-3 thing.
I'm confident that it's the worst blog title I've ever thought up.
It makes an allusion to the regrettable fact that I ended up having 5 pints of IPA with old sea dog Tommy at Bennet's on a Monday night.
Why oh why .....oh why do birds suddenly appear every time I am near?
Because just like me, they love to drink 5 pints of IPA on a Monday night. D'oh.
Today at work was very unproductive on account of this merry outing on a Monday night.
I felt too rough to cycle to work as well. Shoddy. Shoddy. Shoddy.
I did walk home though. Impressive.
Heard today that cheery happy-go-lucky optimist Dickie Arnott is set to attend the opening night of "Park's Circus". Bless.
It'll be a great honour to perform to him as he has been so supportive and encouraging towards my stand-up career.
Through the tough times when confidence had dipped, Dickie was always there with words of encouragement and praise to help me get back on stage and become the accomplished journeyman comedian I am today.
He's an uncomplaining type, and is a great source of inspiration to all who know him.
I often get accused quite rightly of being a sarcastic git. Ha Ha.

No comments: