Sunday, July 17, 2005

14/07/05 Festival Begins...

I had to smile as I watched Vijay Singh (see link for previous Vijay blog entry), tee off at The Open.
It was at St Andrews in 2000 that the famous Vijay Singh joke incident took place.
Mr Woods has started off impressively, so my bet looks a fairly good one so far.
I began my 4 night residency at The Stand. I've been more used to doing 10-15 minute spots of late and found it tricky deciding how to distill it down to a 5 minute slot.
(what I'll be doing Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday at The Stand).
It went fairly well. I probably tried to include too much in the 5 minutes and garbled a lot of the material. It's tricky. When you start off in stand-up, 5 minutes can seem like an eternity. Now it just seems to be over in a flash and there's not much time to fool around outside of your prepared material.
After I'd finished I nipped up to "The Roxy" to see Cloudland Blue Quartet and James Jamieson (together at last) perform a selection of their songs, with 3 other acts on the bill. Vocally they sound very good together.
It was all very enjoyable. Pity there wasn't an audience as such. (I hilariously announced that I'd only been able to attend on account of snapping up a ticket on Ebay) It's a reconverted church up near The Pleasance, a great venue. Acoustically it sounded great.
One of David's friends asked me about the snail on my ceiling. It's funny when strangers quote back stuff from your Blog to you. Little does that snail know how famous he/she (or is there something about snails being male and female simultaneously?) has become, as a result of crawling up my wall onto my ceiling.
I expect he and she are encountering a lot of jealousy and petty sniping from other resident snails of my garden, as news of the snails sudden new found celebrity circulates amongst the local wildlife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought the snail entry was a low point in this otherwise entertaining blog. Must have been exciting for you to be in the company of a 'Top Man'