Sunday, July 17, 2005

15/07/05 Tiger Tiger

As Mr Woods powered to a 4 stroke advantage after day 2, I was able to lay off my bet on Betfair (ie offer very short odds to other punters betting on Woods winning the Open).
As a result if he wins I make £250 profit, and if he loses I still make £150 profit.
I've been given a IT contract. I start on Monday! Yikes, looks like I will be suffering from "post-traumatic stress disorder" for the next few days.
The Friday night at The Stand was ok. My performance was a lot better than the Thursday, but the audience were fairly unresponsive for a weekend crowd.
In fact, Jane the compere told me that it was the worst weekend crowd she had ever experienced, (she told the crowd this later on in the night. I think they thought she was only joking. She wasn't)
There was a large group of tossers who sat at the front, but then were real pains in the arse when the comedians tried to engage them with a bit of banter.
So why did they decide to sit right in front of the stage? Very strange.
I hadn't had my dinner before the show. This is quite usual for me. I prefer to eat afterwards. However, I skipped the eating tonight, and proceeded to down a series of pints of premium lager. Got fairly pissed and made the error of remarking to Jane the compere that I have an occasional game of golf with Jack McConnell.
I don't think I'll ever hear the end of this now. The damage is done.
Luckily, I didn't tell her that I had tears streaming down my cheeks watching Jack Nicklaus coming down the 18th at St Andrews, as he said goodbye to golf. It was emotional stuff.

No comments: