Monday, July 11, 2005

10/07/05 "Festival of Jim"

This week there is a "Festival of Jim" at The Stand in Edinburgh. I will be appearing there on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.
Apparently, there are other comedians on as well. And for some unspecified reason, most of them are doing longer spots than me. However, I am the only one who is on every day! Hurray!
It's nice to get my first weekend gigs at The Stand. It represents progress.
I'm looking forward to it.
Jeez it's so hot.
After a tour of duty hacking about in the old garden, I made the natural decision of any self-respecting Scot on a hot summers day, and retired to a beer garden.
The Pear Tree was selected as the "hostelry du jour".
I cycled up, narrowly avoiding death on 2 occasions. I cycled back, narrowly avoiding death on 3 occasions.
Cycling in the west end of Edinburgh is a dangerous sport.
I still do it though. It's a Pamplona "Running of the Bulls" type experience. Sometimes you need a sense of danger in your life. (What a load of bollocks, I know...and so, so pretentious....tell meabout it!)
I re-invested £100 of my Wimbledon booty on Tiger Woods to win The Open at 4/1, and £100 on Australia to win the Ashes.
In terms of design, St Andrews is the ideal course for TW. It doesn't tend to throw up flukey unknown champions like last years' winner (I can't even remember his name).
So that's my tips for you.

No comments: