Wednesday, June 01, 2005

31/05/05 It's A Beautiful Day!

I have now removed about 500 tons of weeds and cutting from the garden and transported it to the recycling centre to be turned into compost. How Green You Are, How Green You Are!
We used to sing that at kids' parties if someone was looking for something, (to the tune of Auld Lang Syne), singing louder if they were getting close, and quieter if they were further away. Hah! Who needs computer games. We made our own entertainment.
It was great day weather-wise yesterday, and I did some serious basking.
John Burns, a comedian from Inverness, has come down to stay for a day as he has a job interview in Edinburgh. We went to Belushis to witness some stand-up and have a couple of beers. Belushi's is a bar attached to a Backpackers Hostel. I felt like I was in Amsterdam, my knapsack on my back. The comedy was good, the beer was rubbish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought the beer in Amsterdam was quite good, although the glasses were a bit small.