Tuesday, June 07, 2005

05/06/05 Sunday Morning Nightmare

Ageing punks will recognise this Blog title as a track from the one and (thankfully) only, "Sham 69". For years I had a piece of Jimmy Pursey's shirt. He dived into the audience at a gig at Clouds in Edinburgh, and his shirt got shredded by the baying mob. I didn't know what happened to the bit I had. It got lost. Shame. It could be worth a lot of money now. But probably not.
I'd like to begin by saying that my Samba review in the previous blog entry, was a satirical review written in "Whose Line Is It Anyway" fashion, in the style of a "samba god". Although, it probably is still fair to say that I did indeed play particularly brilliantly. (I'm being satirical again...or perhaps not?)
I had a sore head after my barbecue antics. However, I managed to make it to the Meadows Festival.
Unfortunately with all the rain, the Meadows had turned into a bit of a mudbath, and the attendance was pretty sparse.
I stood for 20 minutes looking at owls in the "Birds of Prey" stall. They are amazing looking creatures. I felt a bit sorry for them being chained to a perch though. And being nocturnal animals, they must have been slightly pissed off to be getting stared at by a hungover prodigiously talented percussionist at 2pm on a Sunday afternoon.
The other stall that caught my eye was a demonstration of "keep fit" line dancing being given by a group of mature members of the community.
It was a little incongruous to see that the instructor was a great big fat bloke. This slightly deflated the image of doing this activity as a basis for achieving fitness and health.
It would be a bit like Keith Richard playing a guitar solo on the video of the groundbreaking anti-drugs anthem "Just Say No!" performed by the kids of "Grange Hill".

No comments: