Wednesday, June 08, 2005

07/06/05 Park's Circus Publicity Stuff


Park's Circus Publicity Posted by Hello

Here is a publicity shot for the upcoming "Park's Circus" show!
In spite of the fact that I look like a crazed, slightly decomposed, zombie flesh eater, I like it a lot. I think it's a fairly mad, wacky image of the 3 of us which should encourage hordes of festival goers to beat a path to our door.
I always did find Circus clowns slightly scary anyway.
I went out to Mitch's country seat yesterday to get it sorted out. Mitch is something of a wizard with all this image/photo manipulation stuff, and the range of possibilities is all very mesmerising to a computer dinasor like myself.
I have to pay homage to his patience, as it usually helps a graphic designer if the client has got a vague idea of what he is looking for. I just tended to agree with all Mitch's suggestions, and found it difficult to come up with any positive decisions on my own.
Luckily, Mitch managed to resist the temptation to smash my head repeatedly off the floorboards, shouting, "At least give me a basic idea of what you actually want you useless TWAT!".
Eventually, I was sent to entertain little Jem, son of Mitch, for a while. This gave Mitch an opporchancity to finish off the picture.
This also gave me the opportunity to attend my quarterly psychological briefing from Jo. This session was entitled "Attitudes To Relationships Vol 23(a)".
Thankfully Jo doesn't yet have a Blog, otherwise she would have the opportunity to disclose to the world what a complete mentalist I truly am! :-)
Later I had a shot of Mitch's newly constructed "white knuckle" Tarzan Swing. This involves something of a "leap of faith", as you have to take a run, then swoop over an unappealing drop into a ravine before swingning round and back to safety.
Having had Mitch labour away all afternoon on the publicity picture, I thought the least I could do was risk an entertaining, painful death by taking on the Tarzan challenge. I am happy to report that I survived. It did feel like preparing to do a bungee jump.
I later on met up with Pete and Greg Mitchell. Greg repeatedly tried to set me on fire after I queried if he had enjoyed watching Celtic lose the league on the last day of the season. I don't know. Some people. Really...

3 comments:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Great pic Jim - makes you look better than normal...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jimbo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.