Saturday, January 06, 2007

06/01/2007 Warming of the global variety



Glencoe, January 2050





Today I noticed that daffodil shoots have started appearing in my garden.
The first week in January?
That's unprecedented!
If you told me 25 years ago that in 2007 I would be commenting on the growth progress of daffodil plants in my garden via the medium of a global messageboard, potentially viewable by the entire planet...I would have believed you and asked you if you would like a cup of tea and a Bandit biscuit...
("You can stand it with Bandit, It's as big as a door")
I'm not watching "Celebrity Big Brother", but I did hear Jade Goody say that she was the "25th Most Influential Person In The World"...
(I think David Bann is number 26?)
Continuing my handyman success at replacing two window panes, I have put up a shelf in the kitchen as an encore.
It is now supporting a heavy load and is perfectly horizontal.
I am on a roll.

No comments: