Friday, January 05, 2007

05/01/2007 We're doomed...DOOMED...!!!!



Well it seems that messrs McCoist and Smith will indeed be heading to Ibrox....
There's even talk of Alex McLeish getting the Scotland job...
The whole world has gone crazy....
I remember all too clearly attending a series of highly embarassing Champions League nights at Ibrox when Rangers were managed by Walter...
(his record in the group stages of the Champions League is P 16 W 3 ; D 2 ; L 11 , and there were the grim qualifying round exits to the likes of Levski Sofia, AEK Athens & IFK Gothenberg )...
Yes, he won a lot of trophies at Rangers...
However Tommy Burns was in charge at Celtic at the time.
Tommy's match tactic of choice at the time, was to read "The Charge of The Light Brigade" to the players before the match.
Walter's only tactic was to tell all his players to pass the ball to Brian Laudrup or Paul Gascoigne.
Walter's tactic usually prevailed domestically, but was hown to be rubbish in Europe.
The appointment is a backward step, and that's all I've got to say about football for the time being.
Ok, he's improved Scotland...he could hardly have made things worse...!
It's enough to almost make me reach for the packet of Marlboro Light sitting on my mantelpiece....
I haven't touched this packet since Hogmanay...woo hoo...!
I resisted the urge to crush the packet and throw it in the bin...as far as I'm concerned I'm just "currently not smoking"...
I've made stupid pronouncements so much in the past about never smoking again that my credibility is shot to pieces...
If I don't smoke again, fine...but if I do, big deal...c'est la vie...!

No comments: