Thursday, January 04, 2007

04/01/2007 Ooh La La..! Ou est mon "P Quarante-cinq"?




Well, so much for my ringing endorsement of PLG's management techniques..!
One thing is certain though. This wasn't a straightforward "sacking".
Rangers can't afford to offload him and pay him the remainder of his contract.
The departure has to genuinely be "by mutual consent".
And that is probably a first in the history of Football.

There's talk of Ally McCoist taking over....








...as well as the possibility of Walter Smith coming back...








ah well, it'll all come out in the wash...
Just spare me seeing Chick Young doing his ridiculous attempts at gravitas as he "exclusively" reveals nothing of any interest to anyone ever in the history of the universe...

I was thinking about what Saddam's death announcement in the Baghdad Daily News might be...?

HUSSEIN, Saddam Suddenly, after a long imprisonment, surrounded by his most hated enemies shouting things at him. Keep your Sunni side up!

not very funny is it?
I heard someone describe the mobile phone footage of Saddam as a "Happy Lynching" video...that's quite funny...

I attended a leaving do at the City Cafe last night for the only male member of the waiting staff at David Bann's exclusive eaterie.
If you ask me this would be a great job if you were a young man...
You've got all these gorgeous waitresses to work with and 80% of the restaurant's clientele is female.
You would need to attend evening classes on the use of a shitty stick.
They have a big ceiling fan in the City Cafe.
My friend Mark was in there a few years ago during the Festival when a street entertainer came in on stilts, loudly announcing details of his upcoming show.
Unfortunately, he didn't notice the fan and it smacked him on the forehead, sending him flying off his stilts.
He wasn't seriously injured or anything, and apparently it was very, very funny.
I've told so many people that anecdote that I'm convinced when I'm old and doddery, I'll believe I actually witnessed the event myself.
I bumped into long-time-no-see aquaintances DJ Simon and Siri, and exchanged a few minutes of chirpy banter.

2 comments:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Fan/Stilts story - yes!!

jimbo said...

"Yes" as in what?
were you the man on the stilts????