Saturday, March 22, 2008

22/03/08 Do They Know It's Easter?




I thought Edinburgh city centre might be quiet today as most people would be be off doing something more holiday-ish than wandering around the shops.
What an idiotic idea that was.
It was about the busiest I've ever seen it.
Walking along Princes Street was reminiscent of the big get-together in Mecca.
Things weren't helped by the highly original "robot dancing" man causing a big obstruction of a large section of the street with his ground breaking body popping.
In spite of all this I had a couple of eavesdropping smirks as I made my way home.

Scene 1 ; middle-aged couple sitting arguing on a park bench in Princes St

Man (loudly) "What part of 'I am NOT fucking senile' do you not understand???"
(at this point the woman turned away and rolled her eyes in exasperation)

That was quite good...

Then...

Scene 2 ; another middle-aged man and woman talking in St James Centre (I get around!)

man: I got married 8 years ago...

woman : That's brilliant!...Congratulations..!!!

man : actually, we split up 6 years ago

woman : oh... sorry to hear that!

Of course maybe this meeting of long lost friends had a happy ending.
Perhaps they always fancied each other, and the lady was secretly crestfallen when he said he'd got married, but her hopes rose again as he revealed he was actually single..

Fascinating stuff...

ok anyway, I hope this guy achieves what he sets out to do...although it sounds horrendous...
I just think that at some point he will regret his decision to carry that banner thing AS WELL...!!!

No comments: