Friday, March 21, 2008

21/03/08 Regime change





I didn’t think I’d gotten THAT drunk at The Stand party on Wednesday night, but the evidence of the following day seemed to contradict this belief.
After describing last Sunday’s experience as my worst hangover in living memory, Thursday more than eclipsed this accomplishment.
I eventually got out of bed at 6pm, shuffled about for a while, then retreated back into bed at 9pm. Grim.
That’s 2 days of my life I’ve completely wasted in the last 5 days.
It’s on the wagon for me for a while I think.
I’m in the huff with Mr Booze and the sadistic way he’s been bullying me of late.
I’ll see if I can beat my highly unimpressive current record of 18 days alcohol abstinence.
On a brighter note, I’ve managed to avoid Mr Nicotine successfully for the last 2 weeks, and as if that wasn’t impressive enough, have smashed through the 13 stone barrier for the first time in ages (I mean being less than 13 stone ,of course).
Losing weight and stopping smoking at the same time.
How impressive is that?
I should be able to get on the “Richard and Judy Show” with stuff like that.
I’m not really on a diet or anything.
Diets are inherently pointless unless you maintain them indefinitely.
I’ve just bade a tearful farewell to my beloved kettle crisps, tend to avoid bread and potatoes most of the time (likewise chocolate), do a bit more exercise and there’s no eating between meals…
That’s all really….but as a consequence of this half-hearted regime, I’ve lost more than a stone in the last 5 weeks (although that does include the unintentional 10 day Atkin’s diet in Canadia). But I'm eats lots of salad and fruit and shit like that, ken...
btw how good is this?????
(it's the mime for "ladies" that makes me chuckle)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tony Robinson??? It's amazing who turns up on Playaway. I've still got the LP somewhere - if only I had a record player!

jimbo said...

yes Baldrick doing his thang wid da goils..!
fantastic stuff!!! :-)