Wednesday, March 05, 2008

05/03/2008 Back



So anyway, my holiday got off to a spectacular start when I lost my wallet on the day I was leaving. Nice...
I had to cancel all my cards and then went to the trusty Alliance and Leicester to take out a big wad of cash to take away with me.
According to the bank teller, my card hadn't been cancelled. Hmmm...
So they had to phone again to cancel it before they would give me the dosh.
They had to phone the same call centre that I had, and it took about 30 minutes for them to get through and request that the card got cancelled, (I had definitely done this myself earlier on).
You'd think there would be some sort of direct line from the branch to the call centre for stuff like this...but apparently not.
This is mental...
I couldn't get angry with the teller though as she was far too attractive for that.
She made me laugh as well.
"You've Lost That Loving Feeling" was being piped through the bank.
She mentioned that when she split up with her first serious boyfriend, she was devastated and tearful and was later picked up by her dad in his car.
As he drove home, that song came on the radio, prompting her dad to enthusiastically sing along... blissfully unaware of the tragic resonance the lyrics would be having on his daughter.
A classic example of male insensitivity I'd say.
Well the boarding was great...but a bit more snow would have been appreciated.
I like Canadians...very friendly folk...
One criticism though...you need to broaden your adjective use...everything seems to be "awesome"...
Now, if I saw a grizzly bear shagging a moose up a tree...that certainly would be universally agreed as "awesome" (I'm not saying I did see this)....BUT if I produce the correct change for a quarter of a pound of sherbert lemons in a confectionery store (which I did), then that's not really "awesome", although it was enthusiastically described as such by the young male assistant.
However, it was quite awesome to be somewhere which still stubbornly clings on to Imperial Measures, and be able to ask for a quarter of a pound of sherbert lemons rather than this 200g nonsense.
I'm seriously thinking of going veggie.
I must have eaten about 3 cows with a couple of pig side dishes in the 10 days I was out there.
I've probably lost weight as it was something of an unintentional 10 day Atkins diet with a daily exercise routine.
You don't see too many vegetables out there....

No comments: