Wednesday, March 19, 2008

19/03/08 Hurray! Back at Work!



I'm doing another 3 month IT contract...it's not ideal for coming up with interesting blogs.
Although in fairness, I did see a man rollerskating along Princes Street yesterday weaving in and out of congested traffic.
His style was reminiscent of the nonchalant, swaying motion of the speed skaters you see every 4 years during the Winter Olympics.
I suspect he's probably been run over by a lorry by now.
It did look completely suicidal.
My other observation of note occurred during a feature on "Scotland Today" last night on the matter of the lack availability of NHS dentists in certain areas of Scotland.
There was a couple of interviews with people protesting that their life was "hell" as they had no dentist to go to.
Then we had some dentist stock footage, as the reporter summed things up.
The footage started off very humdrum with people just having their teeth inspected on the dentist chair.
Then suddenly, it cut to a man, who was obviously under general anaesthetic having his teeth hurriedly yanked out by a dentist, as if he was competing in a hilarious "It's A Knockout!" style dentist game...battling against the clock!
There's not that many TV moments which lead me to involuntarily shout out...
"Jesus Fucking Christ! What are they showing that for??", but this was definitely one of them.
That was quite interesting.
I've been spending a couple of hours a day demonstrating outside "Ladbrokes" with a "Renounce The Wages Of Sin" placard.
Hopefully, I can persuade others to renounce the evils of gambling and join me on my path of righteousness.

No comments: