Tuesday, March 11, 2008

11/03/2008 Kapow!



I loved "There Will Be Blood". What a movie!
Although saying that, if any actor other than Mr Day-Lewis was playing the lead role then it could easily have been a bit of a turkey.
Totally mesmerising performance.
He completely dominates every scene he appears in...there's just this brooding menace going on the whole time in his character. I loved it.
The young priest didn't quite convince as much, and he kept reminding me of Gene Wilder's portrayal of the nervous accountant Leo Bloom in "The Producers", (particularly when he started shouting like a maniac)
My wallet turned up!
I had to pay a 3 quid admin charge as well as 10% of the cash recovered to the Lost Property Dept at Waverley Station.
Everybody's on the make these days....
The main thing is I got my drinks discount card from The Stand back...
That's worth about 10 000 pounds a year to me in savings.
There are few things I enjoy more than being out in the country with a large column of boiling water and steam spouting from the top of my head.
I like to think I'm a bit of an active geezer...

No comments: