Wednesday, August 24, 2005

23/08/05 Park's Circus Last Rites

Today we had a Powerpoint Presentation at work entitled "Printing Initiatives".
This presentation took the concept of dullness into undreamt of realms.
In a way, I was impressed, and thought that it could make an interesting Fringe play for next years' festival.
At night the "Park's Circus" crew assembled at David Bann's restaurant for a celebratory nosh up. Myself, Patrick, Tony and Jools being in attendance on this auspicious occasion,
(Matthew the techy couldn't make it)
The food was well received and the wine flowed freely.
We then went to see Jason Byrne at the Assembly Rooms. We all found him to be a big disappointment. I sat stony faced for the duration of the show. I assume he just had an off night and couldn't really get any good riffs going off the audience. It was a pity, because I was really in the mood for a right old laugh.
Unfortunately, it was all very pedestrian. I think we were all anticipating being blown away by him, but it just didn't happen.
Had a late pint at Holyrood Tavern.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaarghhh!
I thought you had another week to go... :-(

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Come on Jim - get some new entries up big man!! Every day I visit your site two or three times and there's nowt new to read - it's almost as if you've got a job and have no time to blog!!