Monday, August 22, 2005

21/08/05 The Final Curtain

And so "Park's Circus" is no more. The last night was a bit subdued. A reasonable crowd in, but a Sunday night, hangover feel to the evening.
I was anticipating a bigger crowd as there were a lot of people who I'd thought would make it to the show at some stage, but hadn't shown up yet. But they didn't appear. Never mind. I'd rather people just came because they really wanted to, rather than out of any feeling of obligation towards me.
We had a brilliant front row last night of young orchestra musicians who were convulsed with laughter for the whole show. I'd pay good money for people like that to come to every show!
The past 17 shows have certainly been a learning experience.
The delivery has got better. I realise that it would have been a good idea to have at least one day off during the run. We're unlikely to use Roman Eagle Lodge again.
It was too murderously hot, and the venue staff have been fairly rubbish to put it charitably.
We were unlucky with the timing of reviews as the show in the latter stages of the run was immeasurably superior to the first few performances.
But it's been a great experience and I've had a hoot and a half. I'm definitely up for doing another show next year.
Back at work now. Knackered.

No comments: