Thursday, March 31, 2005

30/03/05 More Repair Woes

I had to spend most of yesterday reading and replying to emails relating to the
communal building repair fiasco. Everyone is at the end of their tether, and if we lived in the USA, I think it would be inevitable that at some point a disgruntled owner would lose the plot and engage in a shooting spree, before turning the gun on themself.
Scotland Today would solemnly report on "yet another" Communal Repair Massacre.
Thankfully, we live in the UK, where our main weapons are sarcasm and moral indignation.
I've got an interesting collection of gigs coming up in the next few days.
I'm making an early morning appearance in a 36 Hour Continuous Stand-Up comedy show in Edinburgh, (www.onebiglaugh.com) ; tomorrow I am doing a lunchtime show for call centre workers in Airdrie ; on Saturday I am playing Keir McAllister and Paul Pirie's club in Dundee ; on Sunday I am doing the Gong show at Manchester Comedy Store, and on Monday I am in the 2nd Heat of the Amused Moose Starsearch 2005 competition in London.
An interesting variety I'd say....
Tomorrow night is the 5s Football Annual Awards ceremony.
A group of friends of mine have been playing 5s football since the 1980s, and we have taken to having an awards evening in which beer is taken, and anonymous nominations with witty justifications are read out.
I previously have held the titles of "worst dressed player", "biggest whinger",
and "person least likely to receive a pass from".
I'll post any awards I receive on this Blog. I can hardly contain my excitement.

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Hey Jim - perhaps we'll be vying for Player of the Year tomorrow night - I'm hoping to win the Heinz Chocolate Steam Pudding Award For Player Least Likely To Turn On A Sixpence for a second time but have given up hope of ever retrieving my position as Deadliest Finisher 2001.