Monday, March 28, 2005

26/03/05 Rolling Eggs

I can't remember the last time I rolled a badly painted boiled egg down a hill.
Anyway, myself and a good few others achieved this feat on the slopes of Leith Links on Saturday. I think this is 2 days ahead of the proper timing and therefore lost a little of it's intended symbolism, but nevertheless it was an enjoyable way to spend the afternoon in Edinburgh.
The eggs got a bit mashed up through repeated rolling. However a large posse of seagulls arrived shortly after we departed and ate all the evidence.
After a swift pint, there was a parting of the ways. I ended up watching the Scotland v Italy World Cup Qualifying match with some friends and some Tennents lager.
Alas there was no miracle, and Italy won fairly comfortably.
Betting on Italy to be ahead at half-time and full-time, I won £45, inviting comparisons with Judas.
I would have liked to have seen Scotland win though. It was just an "insurance" bet.
Regardless of the outcome of the match, I would retain my cheeky chappy demeanor.