Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Little Bit Disappointed



Like Walter Smith, I was "a little bit disappointed yesterday".
He felt like this because he made another tactical arse of things in a European tie ; losing to the "crack" Israeli outfit, Hapoel Tel Aviv.
His record outwith the domestic league is historically, and remains, awful...
And don't say, "well, he beat France when he was manager of Scotland" ...because yes, he did, but you get the odd unexpected result in football...
Bertie Vogts beat Holland at Hampden in the Euro 2004 play-off, but that result is viewed as a freak, and no-one is beating a path to Bertie's door to offer him another top job, are they?
I was also a "little bit disappointed" because I bought a CD of "Cult Film and TV Themes" yesterday.
Little did I realise that the tracks were not the original versions and instead, what I got was a great big steaming bag of shite.
The arrangements were terrible, and they were played by what sounded like a school orchestra.
I was just giving blood when I took a funny turn...
That's never happened to me before...
I just got all light-headed and nauseous all of a sudden.
Do you remember that old tv ad with Noel Edmonds trying to get you to give a pint of the the red stuff?
(of course you do you old fuckers)
Anyway, at one point he jocularly said, "No sensation of me draining away..."
Well, I did have a sensation of "me draining away..." (I hope this doesn't put anyone off...)
I always remember some smug chap standing in the background while Noel was being drained, who was act what he thought of being a blood donor.
"It's what your left arm's for!" he said, and we all laughed heartily.
Apparently next Tuesday night at The Stand is being filmed for some comedy web site.
I'll maybe post the link if the show goes well...!
Although, it's almost guaranteed to go badly, as the last 2 gigs have been great, and 3 in a row doesn't tend to happen...
It is written....!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was ill and dehydrated a while ago, and henceforth put on a saline drip - it was a strange but entirely pleasant sensation having the hydration 'draining into me'. I would recommend it highly, although they refused to sell me one - thought you were short of money, the NHS???

tony