Sunday, February 25, 2007

25/02/2007 Haircut 100 (well, almost)



So well done Walter Smith and Rangers...a great European performance...
I always felt that Walter would turn things around at Ibrox!

I was walking up Dalry Road today and was intrigued to discover that Dalry Road has now become something of an International centre of Hairdressers.
In a 100 yard stretch at the bottom of Dalry Road I counted 6 separate Hairdresser establishments.
People must travel from all over the world to get their hair cut in Dalry.
I assume this is the case, as surely there are a little too many hairdressers needed purely to satisy the local clientele.
It's very odd...
What were the people who opened the 6th premises thinking?
"You know, I was thinking...there are only 5 hairdressers in this 100 yard stretch of Dalry Road...! What this area is crying out for is another Hairdresser."
Maybe they all opened at the same time, and the owners were shocked to discover that 5 other people had a "Dalry Hairdressing dream" which they had simultaneously realised.
Could some of them be bogus businesses being used for money laundering purposes?
Maybe they are staffed by CIA operatives for Intelligence surveillance?
Perhaps they could get together and use the proximity of their businesses to their advantage?
You could do a "Barber Crawl" along that stretch of Dalry Road and get a slightly different haircut at each shop. (I presume you'd be offered a discount)

I played poker last night and made a bit of an arse of things.
I was the biggest loser of the night...
I don't mind losing (sound of nose growing longer), but in the course of the games I made a few idiotic mistakes, eg folding when I could have checked, which caused me great irritation.
I also got grumpy at the Dance Bros habit of informing me it was my shot every time...even though I already obviuosly knew it was my shot and was pondering my action...
Little things can become very annoying when you are on a losing streak....

The filmed night at The Stand in Glasgow went pretty well I thought.
I assume they'll give us a shout when the clips are uploaded onto the web.

It was a little unfortunate that the evening coincided with Celtic's Champions League match with Milan being live on telly.
Consequently, The Stand was quieter than usual, although it was still a reasonable turnout.
The audience were 90% female.
It was slightly disconcerting in that when they laughed, it sounded like the Munchkins laughing along with Judy Garland in the Wizard of Oz.
Not that there's anything wrong with that....

No comments: