Monday, February 12, 2007

11/02/2007 Walking of the Hill Variety



This is what the view is supposed to be.






I have not been able to dine again at "Ponchorello's" esteemed eaterie as I have been banned for being cheeky to the staff.
This is a terrible injustice as I was only having a laugh...

Anyway, I've always felt slightly guilty that in my entire time at Stirling University, I never ventured to the top of the hill called Dumat which overlooks the campus and the Forth valley.
Well, I put matters right this weekend as I climbed to the top (without ropes) and finally stood on the summit.
Unfortunately, the cloud level was very low and the visibility was down to 50 yards.
So, there you have it....
I'll have to do it another time...

I had a top gig last night at The Stand.
To "storm" a gig is an overused expression in the comedy world.
I'm always very hesitant to use it to describe a gig...
The thing is that I've heard comedians talk about "storming" a gig when I've been in attendance, and to be realistic it was sometimes more of a "steady drizzle" than a "storm".
But I reckon it was the best reaction I've ever had at a spot at The Stand.
It reminded me of my first ever gig there...
I've often wondered what was the factor in that first gig that got such a big reaction.
Well,it was good to rediscover that intensity again...
I really enjoyed it, but there's no cigars...it was just a 5 minute slot.
I'd like more opportunities at longer slots...
You just feel you're warming up and then it's over...!
But it's still a fantastic feeling to have a gig like that...
Get in...!!!!!!

No comments: