Wednesday, November 29, 2006

29/11/2006 Laugh? I nearly...



In news coverage of the Pope's controversial visit to Turkey, a placard held by a demonstrator was translated as "Stop The Wine Drinking Pope!"...
Well, it made me laugh...
I also received a funny email from Cheesy McLoughlin.
In it he described how he was recently out shopping in sunny Middlesborough, and was taking his young son down an escalator in his pram.
Unfortunately, when they reached the bottom of the escalator, one of the pram wheels got jammed in the mechanism.
As Cheesy panicked and tried to remove the pram, he became submerged in an avalanche of old ladies falling over him, who were coming down on the escalator beind him.
He spent the next 20 minutes helping the tidal wave of old ladies back on their feet,
(no-one was injured)...
He went on to mention that only one person failed to see the inherent humour in this incident...
There is always one, isn't there?
I meant to mention Tom, who came along to see my Blackfriars gig, and as usual put a curse on my performance...
Seeing Tom at a gig is like having an out-of-body experience during an operation and spotting the Grim Reaper twiddling his thumbs in the hospital corridor.
Not very reassuring...
Anyway, Tom is back sailing his boat in Scotland as he crashed his other boat in the Thames and was "re-assigned" in the immediate aftermath....
Anyone who knows Tom will be relatively unsurprised by this turn of events...
I have this recurring nightmare where I board a plane and just as we are about to take off...the intercom crackles on, and the pilot gives his cosy pre-flight chat...and I immediately recognise the voice as the distinctive dulcet tone of Tom.
I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat dreaming about this.
I've been zipping around the Pentlands as I try to get in better shape, following the Portugal "video nasty".
I walked past a jogger today...
He'd stopped and had begun to do a long series of press ups as I approached him.
My first thought was whether this was some strange cruising gesture?
Anyway, feeling a bit fitter and less bulbous than I did this time last week.

No comments: