Thursday, August 31, 2006

31/08/06 The Man Who Planted Potatoes



ahhhhhh.......




I dug up some potatoes I'd planted earlier in the year today.
Then I cooked them for my tea.
Very nice.
I have to say this has caused me great satisfaction, and I feel like Richard Briers all of a sudden.
I have cocked a snook at the evil supermarket empires and am more or less self-sufficient in potatoes and rhubarb.
I just need Felicity Kendall hanging around making cheeky remarks accompanied with an impish grin.
I earlier shook hands with my upstairs neighbour who I had basically challenged for a bout of fisticuffs over a prolonged dispute over building repairs.
(Such is the enduring power of email to react immediately in an emotive state to an already hostile situation.)
There definitely is something to be said for living in a detached house.
I was actually in quite a few fights in my schooldays, and I can tell without a shadow of a lie that I was UNDEFEATED.
Ok, there was an element of sensible fight selection going on, but you can only fight who's up against you, can't you?
It was always very stressful though, waiting for the dinner break, or whenever the appointed hour was.
My Dad was a successful amateur boxer, so I'd like to think that genetically, I'd have been the favourite on Betfair for any hypothetical skirmish that may have taken place.
But let's not go there. He may read this Blog, and may misinterpret my musings as a wish to re-launch proceedings.
Violence is not good, and will not solve anything, says the old hippy-esque Jim.
Btw if you missed my Fringe Show, I'm doing a 10 min spot at The Stand this coming Monday where I'll be doing my Exploited monologue/drumming caper.
The headline act that evening is Vince Fluke.
I saw him during the Fringe and reckon he's amongst the hottest stand-ups I've seen for ages. Excellent stuff.
And it's only £1 to get in on Monday. Outstanding value.

No comments: