Monday, August 21, 2006

21/08/06 Kill The Monster!



Cheesy McLoughlin is on his way to Edinburgh from sunny Middlesborough.
Last year he said my show was "better than he thought it would be..."
Will he be equally gushing this year?
A nation holds its breath!

Go to see this show...only 4 performances left. Must finish 26/8

So anyway, the show has been going well.
It's quite hard work booking different acts every day, organising the show and all that.
I'm used to just turning up and doing spots (much less hassle) ; but I've really enjoyed compering and feel that I've learnt a lot during the run....
The highlights?
Tony Wilkes, of "Park's Circus" fame, recorded a funny interactive monologue which I use to open the show, and culminates with me thrashing a mini drum kit to the tune of The Exploited.
This has been going very well, and it's nice to experiment a bit with the multi-media thing.
Last Saturday the room was packed. Standing room only!
It was a special gig for me as I got to introduce as a guest act, an all-time comedy hero of mine, Richard Herring.
He tore the place up, and all in all it was a great gig.
He also said on an email the next day that he thought my stuff was "really funny".
Chuffed to bits would most accurately describe my post-gig emotional state.
I also enjoyed ripping the piss out of my brother as he arrived at another show 50 minutes late.
He'd gone to the wrong show (which he kept telling me was "hilarious").
I proceeded to tell the audience the family anecdote about him eating a turkey that my dog had ran around the estate with all day.
And that got a huge laugh!
Billy Wilson was hilariously attacked by a dog in the beer garden after yesterday's gig.
For some reason he decided to growl menacingly at it as he returned from the bar, so he was asking for it really...!
Disappointingly, we haven't had a review yet...but hey, dems the breaks.
I've enjoyed the whole experience much more than last year's effort.
I'm just much more relaxed about the whole thing.
more highlights to follow hopefully....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that my canine incident was deemed 'blog-worthy' and you could be arsed including this side-splitting episode in your life story.
PS Thought the show was great value for money and have a digicam video of the drum solo if you are interested!