Monday, August 21, 2006

04/08/06 Portu-gal!



It's holiday time as I'm caught relaxing on the beach in sunny Portu-gal...!

One of the drawbacks of writing this here Blog is that when you've been doing things with people and that, and then you go through a phase of not being arsed to update the said Blog ; people complain that the events associated with them were "obviously not blog-worthy enough" to include in my fascinating memoirs.
In some cases this may be true, but it is generally just me not being arsed in general.
I just arrived at a point where I felt I'd said all I want to say.
I have been away for a week on holiday to Portu-gal though.
I had a right, royal great time.
There was me,Robert,Simone,Mitch,Jo,Shirley,Jem,Finn,Leila,Harper and Alice all in a fantastic big villa on the Atlantic coast.
I spent most days either in the pool or in the sea.
It was hot, hot, hot. It hit 40 degrees on our last day.
There were five kids all under 5.
I love them all dearly and had a great time with them.
It has to be said though that keeping five kids that age continually entertained is a very tough, tiring job.
Bizarrely, any time I mentioned feeling tired, I was bombarded by sarcasm by the parents...There was no sympathy for Jim's energy levels at all.
Parents of the world....
I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability...!!!
But I'm not whingeing really, they all made me laugh uncontrollably throughout the week...
And I AM A PIRATE....so there Alice.
It's on the Internet, so it MUST be true...

No comments: