Tuesday, October 25, 2005

24/10/05 Back To The Stand



After the debacle of "The Three Tuns", it was nice to have a gig at The Stand.
It was absolutely packed out ; there was a good varied line up and I'm pleased to say I had a really good gig.
There was also the added bonus of not having a twat sitting in the front row shouting "Fatso!" at me for the whole duration of my set, (in spite of the fact that I'm SO not fat anyway!).
I've forgotten all about that now, and the comedy mojo is back in positive territory again.
If only all gigs were as great as Monday night at The Stand in Edinburgh, the world would be a better place.
Vladimir McTavish introduced me as "a man who recently had a makeover at Harvey Nichols for the "Scotland Today" news programme".
I came on and described my "look" as "Tramp Chic", and said that this look "was going to be massive".
This got quite a hearty laugh, however some bright spark at another gig might see it as an opportunity to shout, "You're massive already!"...
so I'll probably ditch that reference...

No comments: