Sunday, October 23, 2005

21/10/05 One From The Vaults

Whilst sadly, very sadly running a Google search on my own name, I came across a review of one of my embryonic comedy gigs down in sunny Bolton.
This was ages ago and it is quite odd to read it so long after the event.
Anyway, it's vaguely positive...and here it is....

"Jim Park then stepped in front of the crowd, informing us of his confusion about the equestrian events in the athletics, his thoughts on how running should be made more visibly quantifiable by getting a normal person to participate, of his extremely rebellious attitude towards soup, and the pointlessness of Tales of The Unexpected repeats. A touch nervous, he spent a lot of time talking down into the microphone, which resulted in some of the material being lost, but with a bit more gig experience I expect that he will be a fine act to watch."

eh? eh? ...."fine" (well, expectation of anyway)
I suppose I could put "fine act to watch" on posters as a quote?
That should have thousands of people making a beeline to my next performance I would have thought.

No comments: