Thursday, October 26, 2006

26/10/2006 Si Si San Miguel



I'm heading off to Spain this weekend...
I'll be working for a few days speaking English to Spanish business types who are doing an intensive English conversation course...and we're all staying at a very plush hotel...should be interesting...
I'll be doing some stand-up as well...
I had a gig last night at the Holyrood Tavern in Edinburgh.
I tried out some new stuff including the "Al Qaeda Edinburgh Fireworks Concert" and the "Why? Card" thing...
I was very encouraged with the response that the new bits received.
I hadn't really prepared the format of what I was going to say at all and just winged it...Good though....
It was an interesting night out...
Jim Hobbit, with his rubber guitar and kazoo, not only did his own act but did a memorable double act with the legendary Mac Star...
It was all very surreal and for a moment I felt as if I was watching a new avant garde production of "Waiting For Godot"...
A great night..and I wish Mr James Blood every success in his new venture...
Scandalously, James' fantastic "Choroform" gag didn't get a big laugh last night...I love it!
Conversation amongst my aquaintances has been dominated over the past couple of days by Dave Reilly's bombshell that in 19 years of living in a house on Corstorphine Hill, he has never walked to and back from the shops before (until this week)
It's the talk of the steamie...!!
So how does he keep so fit, and at the same time be so catastrophically lazy?
It is a true miracle of the modern world...!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hace ese medio que, en el futuro, estemos oyendo a mucha gente espaƱola con acentos escoceses fuertes

Anonymous said...

Nice to know you like my chloroform gag. I appreciate it. As a going away present the guys from my uni had a T-shirt printed with "Does this T-Shirt smell of chloroform to you?" on it. It was a moving gesture