Monday, October 16, 2006

16/10/06 Blood Simple

In my capacity as Acting-President of the "People With A Little Too Much Time On Their Hands Society", today I did a Google Image search using "Jim Park" and have included in my Blog a selection of other Jim Parks for your delight....
It is immediately clear that they are by no means all cnuts, and represent a good cross section of decency and charisma on the planet...








I gave blood today for the first time in a while...
I'd been rejected the last 2 times because my iron was too low...!
I started taking this iron supplement Floradix recently and it seems to have done the trick...
I passed the Iron test with flying colours and was invited backstage to donate a pint of my quality stock.
It's really good this Floradix.
I played a game of football shortly after I began taking it and I flew around the football pitch as if I had a rocket up my arse...
I had loads more energy than usual....
It makes me wonder...if topping up the Iron levels made that much difference, then maybe I might need to top up other things....
But how do you know that you're deficient in something?
If I hadn't been told by the blood people that my Iron was low, I wouldn't be any the wiser...!
It wasn't dangerously low...just a little bit below their guideline limit...
When I came out the lady asked my if I wanted a drink...
I said I'd like a cup of tea....
I was then told that because I hadn't given blood for 2 years that I would have to have an orange juice instead...
I then got a bit stroppy and explained that I had actually tried unsuccessfully to give blood twice in the last year..(I really wanted that cup of tea)
Eventually she exclaimed that I wasn't allowed tea just because it had been 2 years since I gave blood and the hot drink might make me feel giddy...
I wasn't actually being punished at all...
The other people in the drinks area had a good chuckle at my indignant twat peformance piece...
I'd obviously had a flashback to my first "proper" job.
It was in an office, and at tea time, people above a ceratin grade were also entitled to a chocolate biscuit from the tea lady...
It was an outrage, and caused me to simmer with resentment...
I could have gone and bought myself a biscuit, but it just wouldn't have tasted the same...

No comments: