Saturday, October 21, 2006

21/10/06 Do The Toilet










I was thinking that the "Doing The Toilet" could become a new dance craze in Scotland.
We haven't had a new dance craze for ages.
They used to come along every couple of years or so...eg The Locomotion, Black Lace with their classic Birdy Song and Superman hits, the "Whoops Upside your head" everyone-sitting-down-in-a-boat-thing, Whigfield "Saturday Night", the "oooohhh Makarena" one or whatever it was called with the 85 year old Spanish Men folding their arms and stuff, and of course "The Timewarp".....
Where's the new one?
It's here! It's time to "do the toilet".
I haven't finished the choreography yet, but I'd imagine it'll involve squatting, girning and pulling imaginary lavvy chains to a 4/4 beat.

On a worrying note, I seem to be turning into Sir Dickie attenborough at a BAFTA Awards Ceremony.
Watching "Holby City" last week reduced "Iron Man" Jim to tears. "Holby Bleeding City" of all things.
I'm not a soap watcher, but was forced to watch it last week when I was down visiting my illustrious brother Gavin in Manchester.
I just switched on the telly one night this week in my flat and it was on...and I felt compelled to watch it. It's like heroin...(I imagine)
Anyway, the plot thread that got me going involved the character Gina heading off to Switzerland to arrange an assisted suicide, (she was suffering from some terminal, degenerative disease)
Considering, it was on before 9pm, it was a very, dark edgy storyline.
I thought they did it very well though, and when the end came it would have brought a tear to a glass eye.
I've shelved my plans to buy the "Lassie Come Home" DVD box set, as I don't think I could really cope.

On a lighter note, I've noticed that whenever there is a particularly tragic accident or murder, flowers are often left with a card saying nothing other than "Why?".
I see a gap in the market here.
Perhaps it would be a good idea to produce greetings cards with just "Why?" written on the front which could be used for such occasions.
As well as using them for the obvious tragic bereavement circumstances, there could be other occasions where such a card is appropriate.
You could send them to a friend after they have just announced plans to marry a most inappropriate partner?
Also, you may know somebody who has just obtained a job working for an Insurance Company?
In addition, it might be a good idea to produce some "Why?" business cards to carry around with you.
You might want to give a card to a comedian who has just performed a very poor set on stage?
You might see someone coming out of a hairdresser with a really bad haircut?
(I actually saw a man wearing beige dungarees in a pub last night, and I wouldn't have hesitated passing him a card)
I would give a card to Jonathon Ross.
I would also like to give Penelope Cruz one.
I didn't think her acting in "Volver" was quite up to her usual standard.
I loved the Madonna joke on HIGNFY...
Madonna is a typical British mother...
She lives on a big estate, has 3 kids by 3 different fathers, and wears a track suit all day...
Class...!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having also spotted the fellow with the beige dungarees,I was also left scratching my head - perhaps an Oor Wullie stunt gone wrong

I would also like to give Penelope Cruz one.