Monday, June 19, 2006

19/06/06 There's been a mistake...! I want my money back!



Week 2 in the World Cup has been a bit shaky on the betting front.
I had Mexico to beat Angola which they didn't do..the fools...so many chances as well!
I had Ivory Coast not to lose to Holland, which they did.
I had Iran not to lose to Portugal which they did.
I had Croatia to beat Japan which they didn't.
I had Australia not to lose to Brazil which they did.
On the plus side, Grace did get the boot from Big Brother (woo hoo!). Not strictly a World Cup bet I know...
I had USA not to lose to Italy, and they got a battling draw.
I also had South Korea not to lose to France and they got a battling draw as well.
I've been backing underdogs as the win odds on the favourites have been prohibitively short.
I'd say I've been fairly unluckly with the losing bets, as in none of the matches did the losing team seem completely out of it.
But, tragically for week 2 I am £191.55 down.
This means I have failed the task and am denied a luxury food budget this week.
Hopefully I can turn round the week's performance by Friday.
Here are some details about my upcoming Fringe Show
I am beginning to experience nocturnal anxiety attacks, but this is normal really.
I am hoping that fate conspires to produce a Germany v England tie in the last 16 knockout stage. That would be a belter.
It would be too close to call, but they're always enthralling matches.
I was speaking to my rival Haymarket comedian Richard Pulsford the other day.
He informed me that he'd seen another "Jim Park" at The Stand.
This could be confusing.
If he was brilliant though, promoters might mix us up and I would end up getting offered highly prestigious gigs, in a classic Shakespearian identity mix-up situation. On the other hand......

No comments: