Tuesday, September 13, 2005

12/09/05 Someone said

"it's cheap at half the price" to me today.
What the fuck does that actually mean?
It makes about as much sense to me as "the meek shall inherit the earth"...
and "what's for ye will no' go by ye",.... yeah right!
"Don't regret the things you've done, just regret the things you haven't done!"
Hah! I don't believe anyone who says that they don't regret certain things they've done. I certainly have a few regrets, and probably not too few to mention...
I understand the point that this saying is trying to make though. It's a subset of "fortune favours the brave", "who dares wins", "it's better to be a psycho than a shrinking violet", "in for a penny in for a pound", ie if you've murdered someone, you might as well become a serial killer, and use this popular saying as part of your defence case at the Old Bailey etc etc
Sometimes "less is more", so I'm now signing off, and heading off to my Pedantry evening class.

No comments: