Tuesday, September 13, 2005

11/09/05 Remember Remember the 9th of November

I did a gig at The Stand in Edinburgh tonight. This was my first appearance on stage since "Park's Circus" on the Fringe.
I have to say it was very nice just to turn up somewhere with an audience already in place, with no other chores rather than to order a pint of lager from the bar.
This is in contrast to the Fringe where we would have to spend a couple of hours flyering before every show, gamely trying to sell our wares to the great public at large.
Pleased to report that it all went very well. It was a nice big audience for a Sunday night, and they seemed to like my stuff.
Blunt talking Stu Whittle came along to witness the spectacle and he described my performance as "excellent!"...yes, really! This is good as Stu is not the sort of person who would hold back if he thought it was a load of old shite.
Rob Deering was headlining. Very funny set, and also I just love hearing someone accomplished play a lot of classic, nifty lead breaks on an electric guitar.
It has a timeless joy to a sad old rocker such as myself.

No comments: