Tuesday, September 13, 2005

08/09/05 POETS Day

Of course that is an acronym for "Piss Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday", in case you didn't know...
I did indeed leave early. 3.30pm. It doesn't get much earlier than that. Although 3.15pm is ,strictly speaking, earlier than 3.30pm, and is, as such, the exception that proves the rule.
I had one of my work colleagues in hysterical laughter for about 10 minutes after he read my "weekly status report" which we have to add to the Intranet (are you following all this Grandad?).
It was just something about the way I'd described how I was "investigating" something which seemed to set him off. It was definitely unintentional humour on my part, and I'm not quite sure what it was all about...but a laugh is a laugh...!
Maybe I should include it in my set...
It was bit embarassing at one point, as all the office people were looking across, wondering what all the fuss was about.
I'm pleased to report that my puncture repair has been an unqualified success, and that my bike is back on the road again, enjoying a new lease of life.
I feel like a real man, in that I have performed a slightly tricky practical task successfully. I almost feel like having a fag and a pint and then going to have a bet on a greyhound.

No comments: