Monday, September 05, 2005

04/09/05 A Full Working Day

We played at the Mela down Pilrig Park. It was another glorious sunny day. Unfortunately one of the 2 Indian dancers was ill and couldn't make the show, which was a pity.
Nevertheless, Nikita put in a sterling performance on her own. She's 13 going on 25, and seemed completly unfazed about performing on her own in front of thousands of people.
We had some technical difficulties with the sound, and were overall a bit wobbly. However the crowd seemed to enjoy it. I've definitely played better though!
I arrived home and was slightly alarmed to find my brother Gavin wandering about the back garden in his pants. I don't have a problem in people wearing pants in their gardens per se. However, he was visible to just about all the residents of Coates Gardens. And also, being my brother, there is undeniably something of a physical similarity between the two of us.
My worry is that Gavin could have been mistaken for me, and I now have a reputation amongst my neighbours as the weird eccentric Jim Park who routinely parades in his pants in his back garden oblivious to the consternation this flagrant display is provoking in the neighbourhood.
I'd rather be known as Jim Park the successful, hilarious stand-up comedian and local genius.
Perhaps I should place notices on lamposts in the street confirming that I was not the offending pants person. I could photocopy a few at work tomorrow, perhaps.
At night Debbie was having a posh do in which we had to dress smart, so it was on with the old suit. Another opportunity to imbibe copious quantities of Champagne was seized upon.
We then took a carpet roll down to Bruntsfield Links and watched the Fireworks. I was later subjected to another viewing of the "Scotland Today" Harvey Nichols fiasco. I still find it very difficult to watch...
It was a very enjoyable, funny soiree though, and didn't everyone look luvverly in all their finery...

No comments: