Tuesday, April 01, 2008

01/04/2008 You can fly!









Well I have to admit that BBC Breakfast Show caught me out this morning.
I’d just emerged from my bed and switched on the telly to see some footage of penguins hurriedly waddling along on the ice, gradually building up to a very impressive land speed by penguin standards.
At this point they started madly flapping their wings and took off.
I did say out loud “Wow! That’s amazing”
(I obviously come over all Kate Bush in the mornings)
After a few seconds of watching the penguins soar though the air like swallows, I realised that yes, ha ha…! it’s an April 1st wind up…
It was a pretty good one though…nice bit of CGI work…
The BBC Breakfast Show as well…
Who would have thought it?
I think if it had been later in the day I would have been quicker off the mark...but I would say that, wouldn't I?
I watched the Marty Feldman show last night.
I remembered it used to crack me up when I were a nipper.
Unfortunately it hasn’t dated well, and I sat stoney faced through as much of the show as I could be bothered watching.
Nostalgia just isn’t as good as it used to be.
My latest alcohol abstinence campaign lasted 9 days.
Very poor.
Cheers!

No comments: